Terms & Conditions for “Save and Win with Sunshine Solar Lamps”
1. The “Win Sunshine Solar Products and Prepaids Cards” Contest (hereinafter referred to as “Contest”) is organized by TotalEnergies Marketing (Fiji) Pte Ltd (hereinafter referred to as the “Organiser”).
2. The Contest commences on 30th October 2023, 12:01AM Fiji Time and ends on 31st December 2023, 11:59PM (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Period”). Registration and participation in the Contest must be completed within the Contest Period.
3. The Contest is subject to the terms and conditions stated herein and the Organiser reserves the right to vary, add, modify and / or alter these terms and conditions in its sole discretion and as and when it deems fit. Such variations may be communicated through modes of communication deemed suitable by the Organiser.
4. By participating in the Contest, the Participant declares that he / she has read, understood, agreed and accepted the terms and conditions herein and agrees to be bound by the same.
1. The Contest is open to all individuals (Private Individual), Fiji residents only, aged 18 and above with a valid ID (original driving license or passport) at the time of participation (hereinafter referred to as the “Participant”).
2. The Contest is not open to members or employees or their immediate family members of the Organiser and its related and/ or associated companies, Organiser’s dealers/partners/employees, advertising companies, its agents or anyone else connected to the administration and execution of the Contest.
3. The Contest is open to TotalEnergies Prepaid Card customers, provided the TotalEnergies Prepaid Card is active.
1. To participate in the Contest, the Participant shall purchase any sunshine solar product that is discounted at 10% off at any TotalEnergies Participating Service Station, as listed in Appendix (the “Contest Site” or “TotalEnergies Participating Service Station”) and stand a chance to win the Prize (as defined below) through a draw and shall take the following steps:
Fill in their name, phone contact details, vehicle registration number & email address on the back of their receipt and put it into the entry box at the Contest Site.
If any information submitted by the Participant to the Contest Site is found to be incomplete, misleading or inaccurate, the respective entry shall be deemed invalid, and the Participant may be held ineligible to win any of the prizes set out below.
For the avoidance of doubt, the Participant participates to the Contest if he/she purchases any products from the sunshine solar range of products (one sunshine, pocket sunshine, family sunshine, home sunshine full solar kit) on cash or TotalEnergies Prepaid Card from TotalEnergies Service Stations.
A single receipt will be issued to TotalEnergies Participating Service Station’s customers to participate to the Contest at any one transaction at a given time. Only an original receipt will qualify to participate in the Contest.
2. Total of ten (10) draws to be done as follows:
- Major prize winner to be drawn for each region: x1 Central, x1 West, x1 North
- Consolation winners to be drawn for each region: x3 Central, x3 West, x1 North
Draw dates are subject to change. The Draw date will take place no later than 31st January 2024. Contest draw will be done at a location to be decided by TotalEnergies.
- Participants who have completed the Contest within the Contest Period will stand a chance to win one of the prizes:
- A Home Sunshine (full solar kit) and a $100 prepaid card (Major prize winners)
- A $100 prepaid card (consolation winners)
- Prize winners (“Winners”) will be selected by way of a draw
- Winners will be notified after the draw by email or phone or using the other contact details provided by each into the entry box at the Contest Site. All reasonable endeavors will be made to contact the Winners during the specified time.
- If a Winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Organiser reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received before the closing date of the promotion.
- A potential prize winner is not an actual Winner, until his/her status as an eligible Participant is confirmed, their entry submission is validated, and his/her qualifying documents (including proof of the transaction) are completed and submitted to the Organizer.
- There is no other alternative to the Prizes stated and the Prize is not transferable, and no part or parts of the Prize may be substituted for other person, benefits, items, or additions. • Police officers will be present during drawing of Prizes to witness the draw and record the winner’s name.
- Winners will be drawn from all valid entries of this promotion at each TotalEnergies Participating Service Station.
- Winner will need to provide valid ID (original driving license or passport) to claim the Prize.
- Acknowledgement form will be signed by each Winner on receiving the Prize.
- Newly constructed or renovated TotalEnergies service stations will be included in the promotion which will be advertised on TotalEnergies Fiji social media and TotalEnergies Fiji website.
- Entrants participating in the promotion by dropping receipts in the entry box will receive news and information from TotalEnergies Marketing (Fiji) Pte Ltd and its business partners (information & news in the form of flyers, emails, newsletters, brochures etc.).
- Once the Prizes are acknowledged by Winners and distributed, the Organiser will not hold any legal responsibility, guarantee, or warranty on the Prizes.
E. Other Terms and Conditions
For the purposes of section E herein, “Participant” shall also include the Winner.
1. The decision of the Organiser will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into. In the event where there is any inconsistency(ies), conflict(s), ambiguity(ies) or discrepancy(ies), the Terms and conditions version to be published on www.totalenergies.com.fj shall prevail. Winners will be notified by telephone / mobile / official announcement on TotalEnergies Facebook page / social media to claim their prizes. Details are available in our participating TotalEnergies Service Stations, TotalEnergies Website (www.totalenergies.com.fj), TotalEnergies Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/TotalEnergiesFiji) and TotalEnergies Instagram Page (https://instagram.com/totalenergies_fj).
2. The Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion disqualify any Participant and/or revoke the submission of the registration form at any time, where:
a. The Participant fails to comply with the terms and conditions stated herein;
b. The Participant attempts to undermine the operation and administration of the Contest by any fraud, cheating or deception; or
c. The Participant fails to provide accurate, complete, valid, identifiable and/or truthful information during participation, registration to participate and/or at any stage of this Contest.
3. The Participant shall not engage in conduct that directly or indirectly bring the Organiser in a state of disrepute.
4. The Organiser may in its sole and absolute discretion prohibit participation by any Participant who in any manner whatsoever disrupts, tampers and/or engages in improper conduct that affects the contest or the administration of the Contest (including improper conduct during the test drive) and/or breaches any of the terms and conditions stipulated herein.
5. In the event the Contest is cancelled, postponed and/or abandoned for any reason, the Organiser without being subject to any form of liability and at its sole and absolute discretion may or may not choose to substitute the Prize with other item(s) of an equal or similar value with or without conditions. In such an event, the Organiser shall not be liable and/or responsible in any manner whatsoever for any form of claim and/or liabilities howsoever arising whether direct, indirect or otherwise.
6. In the event this Contest cannot be administered and/or is abandoned and/or cancelled and/or discontinued due to any reason, the Organiser, without being subject to any form of liability and at its sole and absolute discretion, may decide to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest and/or invalidate any entries for this Contest without assigning any reasons thereto and without notice to the Participants.
7. By the Participant submitting his personal data during the Contest Period, the Participant hereby consents and permits the same to be processed by the Organiser and disclosed (e.g. Winner name & photographs will appear in any public promotion facilitated by the Organiser), transferred to third party including but not limited to the Organizer’s related and/or associated companies and/or service providers within or outside Fiji.
8. By participating in this Contest, the Participant hereby consents and permits the Organiser and its related and/ or associated companies to use, publish, exhibit and display including but not limited to Participant’s name, the last four digits of their contact number , image (if any) and comments in any nature or form for documentation, advertising, promotional purpose or any other purposes in any form of media and any reasonable manner it sees fit within or outside Fiji without compensation to the Participant. The Participant is not eligible to claim any compensation or proprietary right thereto.
9. The Participant consents and agrees that his personal data may be forwarded and made known by the Organiser to its related and/ or associated companies without limitation for administration purposes or purposes reasonably related to this Contest.
10. By participating in this Contest, the Participant agrees that the Organiser reserves the right to disclose and/or divulge the Participant’s personal data in the event the Organiser believes that such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against an individual who might cause or may be causing damage to or interfere (whether intentionally or otherwise) with the Contest and/or the Organiser and its related and/ or associated companies and/or any other third party’s rights or property which could be harmed by such activities. The Organiser may also disclose the personal data of the Participant if required to do so by a court of law or other relevant body.
11. By participating in this Contest, the Participants represent that they are fully aware of the risks and hazards associated with the Contest. Further thereto, the Participant assumes all risks and dangers incidental his participation in the Contest and agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Organiser, its affiliates, and their employees from all forms of claims for loss, damage and liabilities whatsoever arising out of or in connection with his participation in the Contest.
12. The Participant agrees that the Organiser and its related and/or associated companies shall not be liable to the Participant and/or any other party in any manner whatsoever for any form of liabilities, losses, claims and/or damages howsoever arising in connection with the Contest or otherwise.
13. The Organiser’s decisions on all matters relating to the Contest shall be final, absolute and binding on the Participants. No correspondence, enquiries, appeals, challenge, or discussion in respect to any decision or determination made by the Organiser shall be entertained.
14. Other than the value of the Prize, all costs, charges, fees and/ or expenses of whatsoever nature incurred by the Participant that is associated with the Contest shall be the sole responsibility of the Participant.
15. The Organiser does not guarantee that the Contest website or link used to communicate is invulnerable to all security breaches nor does the Organiser make any warranty, guarantee or representation that the link is protected from all viruses, worms, trojan horses and other vulnerabilities. Organiser accepts no liability for any direct, special, indirect or consequential loss or damages of any kind resulting from any viruses that may infect your mobile application, computer equipment or other property on account of your access in participating to this Contest. All such liability is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
16. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Fiji.
17. Words importing the masculine gender shall include the feminine gender and neuter gender.
18. Words importing the singular number shall include the plural numbers and vice versa, unless the context otherwise requires.